Twice, or two times too many, is how many times I almost could've gotten in some sort of accident this past week. Some lady was driving past me leaving v-land, and she was checking me out and then almost hit me. (No. She wasn't really checking me out. Yes. She was 1 foot away from hitting me and my car.) The second incident happened on Saturday night when someone drove into a telephone pole in Waiahole by the poi factory. The third incident didn't happen to me. Tim went to the emergency room where they tried to charge him $500 for putting a bandaid on his face. (That's a long story short) I'm so happy I'm still alive! Here's why:
1. My baby turned 5 months old this past week! Little Nainoa. There are so many things to say about him I never know where to begin. He is such a joy and a blessing to be around. I'm so proud of him. Here are few of his latest little tricks!
-When he's angry or frustrated he rubs his feet and toes together! It's so cute and hilarious! We found a tiny little blister or patch of dry skin from all of the rubbing.
-The doctor said he's as strong as a 6 month old baby! :) He tries to stand every time we hold his hands and he has super grip. Sometimes I try to pull a toy or something out of his hand and I actually have to pry things out of his death grip.
-The doctor also said he'd be an early crawler! He's already been trying to scoot himself along the bed. He's succeeded in moving backwards and has had a little success in moving forward.
-He started eating solids in Australia, but we stopped for a little then picked it up again when we got back home. So far he has eaten rice cereal and green beans. The faces he makes are HILARIOUS! I can't wait for him to try bananas or anything that's really sweet and actually tastes good. I'm sure he'll LOVE it.
-Still haven't gotten him used to taking a bottle.
-Recently he's started to take a pacifier but we don't want to overuse and abuse it so we try to use it sparingly.
-Lately he's started to look up and stare at the ceiling. When I hold him he tries to throw his head back to look around.
-We've put him in the water a few times and even onto his dad's surf board. I can't say that he loves it just yet but I know he will soon.
-Sometimes it sounds like he's trying to sing when we're in the car.
-He LOVES going for morning walks with his dad while his mom sleeps in. Sometimes they are gone for an hour or more.
-He tries to grab everything in his sight, and of course, puts it in his mouth. Sometimes Tim lifts him up and puts him on his head, then Nainoa tries to suck on his head and there's a big wet patch once Tim puts him down.
-Traveling isn't easy on his schedule but once we stay in one place for a while he's really good about getting back on it and sleeping through the night, with one dream feed.
-My favorite thing is waking up in the morning to him talking and then when he spots us watching him he gives us the biggest smile. It's so nice to see him smile at us. I know he loves us and trusts us and his happy to see us. It's the best!
Hmm... That's all I can think of for now. He's learning something new everyday and it's already getting hard to document and keep up with him.
In mommy land the latest is:
-I've given up (for now) on the CIO method and am just enjoying being a mom and not stressing about looking into different parenting styles. Kind of going with the flow but keeping a little routine at the same time (I have to have some structure).
-I'm trying to surf 2-3 times a week and have met several other moms in the area who like to surf too. So far I've been surfing with them twice.
-Had girls night out with my dear friends Jenn, Sanoe and Randie and spent the most time I've ever spent away from my little one.
-I'm buying size three diapers even though he still wears twos and am constantly checking the baby aisles for baby sales.
The latest with my hubby:
-Tim loves taking walks with his son and is so proud of him. He's always showing Nainoa off to any and everyone. He's been changing a majority of the diapers for the past 2 weeks. I think I have changed around 5-8 since we've gotten home from Oz. I love watching Tim and Nainoa play together. I can already see they have a special little connection with each other and it makes me smile. I take a lot of pictures of the two of them together and in a majority of them Tim's face is that of the "over-excited parent."
-Tim never lets me forget how important and special Nainoa and I are to him. We are so lucky to have him in our lives.
-Last but not least, today's drama. Tim was surfing when his board hit him in the face and cut him open right under his right eye. He thought it might need stitches so he went to the hospital. Long story short, it didn't need stitches. We tried to ask someone how much it might cost because we knew what we were able to afford, and the guy told us, let's not worry about that. Come to find out they have standard prices at the Kahuku emergency room. The first fee is set at $500. That's for just seeing the doctor with no procedure. If you have a procedure done it's $1000. And then they add on $500 more as things get more complex. All they did was sterilize and put a bandaid on Tim's cut. That was it! The doctor didn't even see him for more than 5 minutes. It was ridiculous.
Our house is a lot quieter since my sister and her 3 kids left. Lol. Ok, she only has one kid, a MIL and her husband. But she takes such good care of all of them, they could be her kids. We had 2 really good surf sessions together and no jam sessions. I miss hearing my cutie sumo nephew stomping through the halls and accidentally getting stuck in my room in the mornings.
Anyway. The structure to this blog has gone bezerk, and it's 1am and I'm going to be in so much trouble from my loving hubby when he finds out how late I stayed up. I have to get on top of this blog stuff though. I'm so behind. Stay tuned for the video update on my little king. Might have to release it as a 6 month update at the rate I'm moving.
I'm so happy to be alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment