Monday, January 23, 2012

The Usual

Scatter brain.  So until I can get myself to blog with purpose and stay focused I'm going to start doing lists.  Here's what I've been thinking about and trying to do lately.

1.  I'm taking English 200 from UH-West Oahu.  I wanted to take statistics too, but Tim and I were worried I wouldn't be able to handle the class load.  It's all online, which is great, and so far I'm really enjoying my English class.  I wrote a position paper last week about the positive aspects of the slogan "Ainokea" and am waiting to hear back on how I did.  This week our assignment is to chart everything we eat and then analyze our diets in a research paper.  I think I might not blog as long as I had planned so that I can watch a Food documentary that might help me with this paper.

2.  Tim's working today and I really want to surf in the afternoon.  He has to stay out of the water for 5 days so he's really happy that he has work, but this means that I can't get into the surf!  My surfboard is going really good and I've been practicing turning off the top of the wave.  A few weeks ago I was out at Freddie's with my sister when some girl got in my way as I was coming down the face of the wave.  My fins bumped her foot because she was trying to duck dive in slow motion.  When I was paddling back out she was trying to tell me off, saying something that didn't sound like proper english.  I think she was brazillian.  Either way, I couldn't hear her very well so I played deaf, AND I didn't like her tone.  Maybe if she'd duck dive properly and get out of my way... lol.  Ok, that's not really fair.  I misjudged a little and I was a little bit shaky on my take off.  I think she thought I was a beginner and that's why she was giving me attitude.  BUT I'm happy I didn't give her any attitude I just told her I was sorry and I misjudged where she was.  This was like 20 minutes after the incident.  Ugh!  Girl fight in the surf.

3.  I need to go grocery shopping when my son wakes up.

4.  I couldn't sleep last night and ended up staying up till 1:30.  Nainoa woke up 3 times in the middle of the night and I'm starting to wonder if maybe he might be teething.  I'll have to check the inside of his mouth today.

5.  Vitamin D milk is gross!  I don't know why someone in our house keeps buying it!  Initially my sister, Neo, was buying it for her son, but she returned to Utah already and someone is still buying it!  I just had some with my cereal and I have a sore tummy.

6.  Oooh!  I went to Brazil!

7.  Ok. I didn't really go... but I did get waxed!  (get it?)  BEST FREAKIN WAX I'VE EVER HAD.  So if you're looking for someone in the north shore area to wax your bikini line or whatever let me know.  She's awesome!  AND it was only $35.

8.  Why is it that we can't start a sentence with the word AND, but when we talk we start with "and."  For instance, "And den?"  I hate grammar.  Which reminds me I need to buy a grammar book for my English class. Ugh! So much to do.

9.  I love water.


Ok. I think that's all I have for now.  I have to take care of a few things before my son wakes up from his nap.  Please excuse my random scatter brain thoughts.  It's so hard to just blog about one thing.

To do list for today
1.  Laundry
2.  Dishes
3.  Clean Bathroom
4.  Grocery Shopping
5.  Surf? Or some form of exercise
6.  Change bed sheets
7.  Read nutrition facts on USDA website for Eng.
8.  Start watching a food documentary
9.  Find new template or look for the blog

Ok.  Now I'm done.  Time to get to work!

1 comment: