Thursday, November 10, 2011

Food, Love & FoodLove

I have such a hard time remembering what I've been up to!  I can't seem to organize my thoughts as well as I used to and sometimes I feel so lost!  I finally had time to sit down tonight and upload photos from my camera and now that I look at them I feel like - I'm watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on ABCFamily and getting distracted.  I love this movie! -So I was saying the photos are helping me to put things in chronological order.

I forgot that last week Saturday we went to the FOOD FEST on campus at BYU.  It was so much fun!  We took my nephews, Kamani, Tuto, and Maihe along with us and we had a blast!  I love being an Aunty!  I had so much fun watching them go on the kiddie rides.  I felt like I was doing it again as a child.



I was so proud of my nephew Kamani because he wasn't scared and climbed to the top of the tower.  He was racing against a girl in the green shirt.  She beat him. Lol.  But this was his very first time EVER climbing it.  He doesn't get out much...

I love my boys


Quality Family Time :)

Here's another one of the kids on the ride that goes on and on in circles.  Tim and I were both glad that we didn't have to accompany them on this ride.  We can't handle all the spinning ah... we're getting so old.  It's not as easy to take the nephews out and about anymore because I'm a mommy now, but I'm so happy that my hubby supports me!  I love spending time with these guys!

 

Food fest was great.  Towards the end of the night there was a latin band.  They played well but the singing... hmm... it was nice but not as good as the playing.  A lot of the students got up and danced salsa.  There was even a male on male couple! Hahaha!  They were just fooling around but I was worried about them getting in trouble from the BYUH-SA.  Amz volunteered to hold Nainoa so Tim and I could dance, but the hubster didn't want to.  No big deal, I pulled my nephews and tried to make them dance with me.  Funny little boys.  The highlight for food that night was the PO'E from the tahitian club.  It was ONOLICIOUS!!!  Yes, three exclamation points for the Tahitian Club.

This past week we've been doing the usual, Haleiwa, Cholo's, Coffee Gallery, and a little surfing here and there.  I surfed at sunset the other day when it was tiny tiny tiny.  I was surfing with a bunch of Sunset Elementary kids.  Man those kids are such little rippahs!  There was one really cute, cocky but cute boy who was talking about the airs he was pulling and about how he's being trained, and then they were talking to some guy who was my age asking him if he used to go to Sunset Elem.  So funny because it reminded me of when I was a kid and how I thought I was so cool.  Eh!

The other night Tim and I made some YUM food for dinner.  We made Kalua Pig Tacos on Spinach Tortillas.  They were delicious!


Last night we went to town to pick up my mom and her mom from the airport.  It's nice to see my grandma again.  I haven't seen her in years, and I haven't ever really spent one-on-one time with her.  I'm excited to be able to do that.  All of her great grandkids call her Tutu-Nana and she is the coolest G-ma/TutuNana in the world.  

Last but not least.  I'm thankful that I'm an Aunty!  I love all of my nephews and nieces.  They are so special and precious and I'm so lucky to be a part of their lives.  


Maka & Maihe
 my twinnie coconut heads


2 comments:

  1. That looks like it was a blast! I feel too old going on the spinning rides too, but I'm definitely going to make myself go to Lagoon next year...even if I throw up all over the place, after the ride, hahaha. The kalua pork tacos look yummy, and so did the indian curry in the previous post! Yummmmmmy!! I have definitely had my fair share of "waterfalls" too, haha. Once, I was taking my time changing Wes because he was doing really good at not spraying, and then I was looking at his face, and saw drops dropping almost into his eyes. And I couldn't stop laughing. I didn't even put the diaper on right away, because it was hilarious...hahaha.

    Poor old lady, she must know that the post office is not a gift wrapping service as well. That would definitely suck, but that's good that the post office lady handled it well. Silly old lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. i loved catching up on your blog. i gotta come on yours more often. i was cracking up at the halloween post. i can so hear your voice and personality in your writing. good job on all the halloween costumes! ours was last minute too. but arent those always the best? lol. i also love that u are documenting on your pregnancy. you will be so grateful that you did that! i always refer back to my pregnancy posts and hinas monthly posts. youll be surprised at how easily you forget things and when they happen. especially now that i have another one..im always comparing things. anyways, i loved the update and ill be sure to check more often so i dont get so behind!

    ReplyDelete