Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pixie Dust Please

Nainoa slept for 10 hours last night!  Holy moly!  I'm happy for him.  He needs that rest so that he can grow healthy and strong.  I wish I could say that I slept the whole time he was sleeping.  I went to bed at 11 and woke up at 4:30 to pump!  A little over half an hour later I got back to bed.  Then it was 7 and time to wake up again.

We went to see my OB today.  I had a nice ice latte and turkey panini for lunch and drove home listening to my favorite local band from high school Opihi Pickers - Beginnings.  I can still remember all the words to most of the songs!  Even though I think the lyrics are, "bubble-gum" I still really enjoy them.  We got stuck behind some really slow cars on the way home and somehow I managed to stay patient even inside my mind.  This is a huge feat for me.  Usually I'm complaining while verbally and mentally abusing the driver in front of me.  I got home and was able to do some cleaning around the house before it was time to feed my hungry baby.

We got visit my Aunty Laurie in the afternoon.  She is like my second mother and one of the best teachers I know.  I love her so much.  She teaches Jr. Kindergarten at Hau'ula Elementary and her daughter teaches at Bright Beginnings preschool  They are such talented women and so loving.  They have so much love to share and are so good at sharing it.  I want to be like that.  Sometimes I find it hard to make new friends or to even carry a conversation with people I don't really know.  I'm not used to sharing myself or my thoughts.  I do try, sometimes.

Tim came home from work and we had a nice dinner at the Shark's Cove Grill.  Yes, we ate there AGAIN.  I had the yummy chicken sandwich.  Again.  I want to try and cook dinner tomorrow night but we'll see what happens.

My mom flew out to LA on monday and will be going to utah soon to see her grandchildren.  I miss her.  The house feels less cheery and kind of dark without her.  She's so hardworking and so loving!  This house is lonely without her.

There are so many things I'm thinking about and things I want to say but I guess this blog isn't the time and place for them.  One of my friends who has a blog wrote something that really stood out to me.  She wrote about how she is still herself outside of being a mother and a wife.  I really like that.  I think sometimes, as women, we put ourselves on the back burner to everything else, and before we realize it we are about to boil over.  I like reading her blog because she is just herself and that's what's really cool.  AND she's not complaining or being negative.  I tried to do this tonight, but it turned into a pity party and I felt so pathetic I just deleted everything I wrote.

Today was a long day.  Physically, mentally, and emotionally I feel drained.  Trying to put on a happy face and think happy thoughts so I can fall into sweet sleep; I already know it's not going to work.  I'm still lucky to be alive and, I guess, lucky that tomorrow will only be as good as I make it.  Happy thoughts and pixie dust.

So now I'm going to count my blessings pick myself up and go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Man, all these yummy places you eat at are making me so hungry and miss Hawaii even more! I definitely believe that being yourself is very important, and I always try to remember that, even if it's hard. It is easy to put yourself on the backburner! But we can still make things all about us, and our children and husbands too:-) You are awesome Tiff, and I seriously love your blog.

    ReplyDelete