Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trick-O-Treat Smell My Feet!

October was such a fun month!  I think I had the best Halloween night ever since being a little kid and I'm feeling so pumped and excited for the rest of the holidays that I get to spend with MY family for the rest of my life!  We went trick-o-treating on Halloween night with my sister Larissa and her kids in Kahuku.  After going there I'm not going back to Laie to trick-o-treat.  Laie = waste time!  They give better candy in Kahuku AND they really get into it.  There were more than 10 houses that were really decked out in Halloween Decor.  Some had mini haunted houses that you had to walk through to get to the candy bowl and they aren't greedy with adults either!  Several families offered candy to me and Tim!  Yum!

Me, Maka(orange hair), Timo, Rissa, Maihe (green) Tuto, Nava, Kamani and my Timmy texting.
You can't see Nainoa because he was in his stroller.  He was dressed as Bambam, and Tim and I were Barney and Betty Rubble.

I went over to Rissa's in the morning to help the kids get ready for school.  Kahuku Elementary has a mini parade for their students so everyone can show off their costumes.  I made Kamani's skeleton costume with some paper printouts I found online.  I glued them to some cardboard and we safety pinned them to his black t-shirt and pants.  It was such a last minute costume that I decided to do for him the night before Halloween.  Thank you google I love you!  Tuto dressed up as Nephi from the Book of Mormon.  Aunty amber made his shield and I helped put together his sword.  We had some extra material lying around the house that we used for his tunic.


The twins (Maka & Maihe) were supposed to be treasure trolls.  I found some hair spray paint at Long's that I randomly bought earlier the previous day so we decided to go with it.  We found these little lights and put them on yarn around the kids necks to hang by their piko.  Maihe didn't like the costume much and didn't want to pose for pictures.  Rissa (my sister) drew weird symbols on their arms and faces to complete the look.  Maihe was being a real grump!  He was worried the other kids wouldn't think it was cool.  Both boys said they wanted a sword and shield like Tuto.


I got him to smile for this picture because I told him if he didn't I wouldn't make him a sword and shield. Hahaha it worked!


My dad took the twins to preschool while Rissa, Nava, Nainoa and I walked down to the elementary school to watch the parade.  Not trying to make anyone feel bad, but man, it's so shame to be one of the kids who's not wearing a costume.  I'm speaking from experience.  I'm glad I could help my nephews avoid this shame.  Haha.
After that I went home and worked on shields for the twinnies.  In the end they all ended up being the sons of Helaman (from the BoM).  Kamani didn't like his bones and ended up wearing glow sticks for his costume.  I helped him duck tape it to his costume.

The little princess Nava was Minnie Mouse with wings.  She got her dress from when they were in NZ and I let her use my Minnie ears from Tokyo Disney.

Here's the Army of Helaman with Minnie

Saturday's Warrior

We got a ton of Candy and a really good exercise in!  Nainoa didn't get any candy.  His cousin Kamani said to him, "It's okay Nainoa you're not the only little baby that doesn't have teeth, don't worry you'll get them someday and then you can have candy too."  He's such a sweetheart!

Tuto also had some really cute things to say to Nainoa.  He was leading the pack and all his brothers and sister were following him from house to house.  I was so proud of him.  He came up to Nainoa and said, "Nainoa you wanna see hot to trick-o-treat?  WATCH AND LEARN!"  Then he'd run off back to the front of everyone again.

My little Bambam.  He slept most of the time but woke up towards the end to give his dad his grumpy  face. 



The kids were so funny.  I wanted them to take a picture in someone's yard and instead of just looking at the camera they all wanted to pose. Haha little cuties.

Nainoa and his daddy.  Barney & little Bambam

Halloween was our little families first holiday together and I can't wait for the rest of the holidays to come.  All of our costumes were made very last minute and it turned out better than I expected.  Next year I will plan ahead.  Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, definitely LOVE the costume idea!! Way better than ours:-) Looks like your Halloween was so much fun! Your nephews and niece are so cute!

    ReplyDelete