Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10 Weeks

Nainoa is 10 weeks tomorrow!

Then


It's 7am, I just finishing pumping the extras that Nainoa didn't drink.  I got 7 oz!  Which leads me to think that maybe I have 5 oz on each side in the morning.  Nainoa is averaging 7.5 hours of sleep every night, so by the time the morning feed arrives I'm pretty full.  Finally I have boobs!  Lol.

Tim left early this morning to go to work.  He started work as a stunt man on the set of Hawaii 5-0 this week!  He's going to be in episode 10 as a navy seal on a rogue mission.  I feel so cool because I know what's going to happen. Heehee!

We tried to give Nainoa a bottle for the first time the other day.  It was so cute!  I don't know why I thought it would just come naturally.  Drinking from a bottle is a skill that has to be learned, and I didn't realize this until we tried to feed him one.  He kept pushing it out of his mouth with his tongue.  I'm going to try to give him one again later on today.

The little man is growing so fast.  Too fast!  We just started putting him to sleep in his "Bubbaroo," which is a sleeping bag for babies.  His Meme sent it from Australia and he LOVES it.  It also makes feeding in the middle of the night easier too.  He made his first projectile poop the other morning for his daddy, and since then we've had a few more incidents on his changing table.  I look at pictures of him when he was first born and am amazed at how much he has changed.  He loves being rocked to sleep.  I was trying to get him to fall asleep on his own without being rocked but that's easier said then done.  He cries so hard!  As soon as I pick him up he stops and falls right to sleep.  Once he's knocked out I put him on his bed and he stays asleep.


I got to surf the other day.  I was having one of those days where you just feel lazy and tired.  We ran a few errands and I watched Tim surf for about an hour.  I sat on the sand and fed the little king.  We ended up stopping at Rocky Point and I surfed in the sunset.  It was a beautiful sunset!  The sky was purple and orange and blue.  I'm so happy I got in the water and got some exercise.  Nainoa was hungry as soon as we got to the car and started to cry really loud.  There was a really nice lady who let me rinse off in her yard so that I could feed him.  We also ran into a man who was pushing his sons in their strollers.  He had triplets!  Yikes!




Tonight we ate dinner at Kahuku Grill, or as Tim and I like to call it, "haole grill."  (Because that's where all the haole's stay li'dat!)  It's not your typical local style plate lunch.  They serve fresh green salads and put a little more effort into the food and presentation.  They also have cooks and workers who sing constantly in the kitchen.  The past 3 times I've been there some girl has been belting it out in the back!  I really like their Teriyaki chicken plate.  It's onolicious!  Simple, healthy (none of that extra oily stuff), AND fresh!  I also like that it's a local business and not some chain food restaurant.  The only thing I wish they served is Kalua pig and cabbage. Yum. Ok and maybe some laulau.  Yes, I'm asking to much now.

My days are blurring together and seem uneventful at times but then Nainoa will do something funny or cute, sometimes he'll just smile at me, and when he does my heart and my life feel full.  I wouldn't trade these moments for anything.

1 comment:

  1. Your son is so unbelievably ADORABLE!! I love the projectile poop story. Way to go Nainoa! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete