Friday, October 21, 2011

2 Months & This Week

He makes my world go round and round and round.


Tuesday.  The appointment went well and we passed with flying colors!  Before the interview Nainoa made a loud fart in the waiting room.  It was hilarious because the room was so quiet.  I also had to attempt feeding him in public for the first time!  I succeeded in not crying out in pain when we had an off latch.  After that Nainoa got this flirt on with aunty Sina, Kiele, and Crimson.  We met up with the girls for lunch at Gyu Kaku, then we went back to Crimson's apartment and hung out for a few hours.

It was a very special day because today Nainoa is 2 months old!  It's amazing how time flies and I'm in awe of the miracle that he is.  He is the sweetest and most content little boy.  I love everything about him from the top of his head to his little long toes.  I feel so lucky to be his mom.  My friend's wife keeps a family blog and her baby is a week older than Nainoa.  In a way it gives me a heads up for what I can expect with my son.  There are so many new things he is learning I never know where to start, and by the time I do start I forget what I wanted to say.  And now I'm not sure if I already wrote about it.  I really need to get my head in order....

-Ok.  I double checked my blog, and I did write about it.

Also it was my dear friend Sanoe's birthday!  She's such an amazing example to me managing 3 boys, school, and work at the same time!  She's such a wonderful mother and wife.

Wednesday.  I woke up this morning at 5:30 to feed the little king.  After putting him back to sleep I pumped my extra milk, changed into my swimsuit and went for a surf with my sister Amz.  When I got home I tried to do some ab workouts.  I still feel sluggish on land and in the water but I'm starting to get a little bit better.  Baby and daddy were still sleeping peacefully.  I love my boys!  Everyone woke up and we got ready to go see Dr. Nagamine, or "Dr. Nanakuli" as Tim likes to say, for Nainoa's 2 month checkup.  Nainoa is 10 lbs. 15 oz.  and is 22 inches long.  I still don't understand the whole percentile thing but his head is in the 63%.  I asked the nurse to explain it and I think she said that 50% means that you're average and then she said 95% is really good.  50% of what?  I'm so confused.  Nainoa tried to kick Dr. Nanakuli in the stomach! lol.  It was so cute.  The Dr. said he's growing beautifully and that he has a really big head.  I know he gets it from his mommy!  Then the nurse came in to administer his vaccinations!  I was nervous.  I ended up giving him the oral one, but he swallowed some of it down the wrong pipe.  It was really uncomfortable for him and he made a crying noise that I've never heard him make before.  He finally coughed enough to clear his pipes and once he calmed down the nurse was able to give him the first shot.  The look of shock and pain on his face made me feel sad but I'm glad that I got to hold him and comfort him afterwards.  The second shot was the same as the first but he was pretty shaken up.  The nurse said the second one is the one babies really don't like.  We had brunch in Kailua at the Morning Brew (they have the best coffee on the windward side!), then went to Long's, bought some infant tylenol and then home.

Thursday.  (I'm writing this and it's late friday night)  I can't remember what I did this day or night.  I do remember that Tim made dinner and it was delicious.  Chicken with sauteed asparagus and mashed potatoes.  Simple and satisfying!

Friday.  Nainoa slept for 9 hours!  We woke up at 6 to feed and then he went straight back to sleep.  I've been going surfing with my sister at Castles in the morning.  We went on Monday, Wednesday, and we were going to go this morning but when we got to the beach we saw that there were no waves. So instead we came back home, put on some running shoes, and tried to go for a jog.  It seemed like a good idea but it was hard!  My body was struggling, trying to remember how to move.  We jogged for not more than 10 minutes.  I stretched and now I'm trying not to fall asleep.  Tim wants to go and eat breakfast at Cafe Haleiwa so I guess it's time to shower and go.

We ended up eating at Cholos.  I had a bacon burrito and Tim got an acai bowl from the Coffee Gallery  (Best coffee on the north shore!)  Tim left for work with his friend Gary and I drove our car home with Nainoa.  Unfortunately right after Tim left I realized I had to go the toilet... Yes... #2. Uh oh!  I didn't want to take Nainoa into the public bathroom with me.  I thought I could make it home to Laie, a 30 minute drive.  And I was right!  I know this is an over share (lol) but I had to do my slow chest breathing (learned in lamaze) all the way home.  It was a close call. Hahahaha.

Here are a few pictures from the past week.


Sometimes I dance a little hula for Nainoa so that he can follow my hands AND I try to sing the words to him.  I hope that he will grow to love hawaiian music as much as I do if not more.  I've been having a craving lately to understand the different and multiple meanings of the different mele that I've been hearing over and over again on ch. 24 (the tv schedule that plays hawaiian music on Oceanic Cable). 



We were hanging out playing with baby when we decided to pull out the camera.  He's looking at me in this pic.  I think was singing songs to him from the movie Enchanted.  "Come my little friends as we all sing a happy little working song!"  Tim takes such good photos. 


My little sweetheart!  He is growing way to fast.


The turtle is Nainoa's big brother Umi.  Tim & I got him in Japan in the middle of Tokyo Bay!


He's such a special and sweet little boy and he's growing stronger every day.  This morning, or maybe it was yesterday morning, he pinched me under my arm really hard because I was taking to long to feed him.  Sometimes he just stares up into the ceiling.  I think he sees angels.  When I told Tim this he said, "Really? You think so?"  Then Nainoa said something that sounded like, "kinda."

He's my little angel.




1 comment:

  1. Tiff you are so cute, and I give you huge props for getting out and going surfing and running. I seriously need to get my body in check because I give into doing nothing far too often. I miss the water so much though and I think it's more exciting to hit the beach in the morning, rather than go run. hahaha. Lucky you live Hawaii. Your son is so cute, and seems like such a good baby. That always is a plus! I have no doubt that he will love Hawaiian music, what's not to love about it?:-)

    ReplyDelete