I went to see Dr. Awaya today. She is the coolest OB I've ever been to. I really wish she'd been there to deliver my baby, but Dr. B was really good to. I'm not complaining but I would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for an OB. She's awesome! We had my 6 week postpartum check up and I'm very pleased and happy to say that I've lost 30lbs since giving birth! Woohoo! Ok so 12 of those pounds were lost immediately after delivering the baby and placenta which means 18 of them were just extra weight that I picked up. I was so worried about losing weight after being so huge! I thought to myself, "how am I going to lose 60lbs?" So now I have about 25-30 to go and I'll be back at my pre-pregnancy weight. Yippee! I'm such a dork. I have also received a new form of birth control from my dr called an IUD (Inter-uterine device) I have to wait a week to test it out! Lol. I'm not in a rush. So far there is no discomfort and getting it into my uterus wasn't that big of a deal.
I was also really happy to run into the Suaava family! Chantel and Ricky were there for their appointment with Chantel's mom! She looks so much like her mom. Both beautiful women! I'm so excited for their little baby to arrive! Once Chantel gets settled into her routine we plan on spending our days together eating, watching tv, gossiping, AND maybe going walking, while our husbands are out working hard. Hahaha. I put walking last on the list because she was supposed to be my walking partner while I was prego but we only went twice. Lol. Hopefully we'll do better in the future.
Hahaha! I posted this and 10 minutes later I realized I didn't include that we'd be taking care of our babies while we were doing all the other fun activities. I know it's given that we would be, but to be on the safe side I better mention it.
So... the GREAT news is, is that I'm going to a party tonight! WOOHOOO PARTAAAAY! We gonna get crazy! I'm going to win ALL the baby shower games. Lol. yes I'm going to a baby shower and it's for Chantel!
In other news Nainoa's Uncle Matt is flying in tonight!
And more good news, Timmy got his work authorization! He can now work LEGALLY in the US! Congrats honey!
And I'm saving the best news for last even though the headlines usually go at the top. Oh well. I can finally get back into the water and surf! I'm so excited. I'm wondering if I'll be able to go tomorrow. Hm... we'll see. I can't go today because hubby isn't here to hold baby on the sand and we still need to buy an umbrella.
I thought that being able to surf would be the best and biggest piece of news. But it's not. I thought Nainoa and I were developing some serious sleeping issues. BUT it turns out that I might be wrong! He's sleeping just fine today and we aren't having any issues. This is funny to me because I'm not even entirely sure that the worst is past, but the fact that he's already taking his second nap today without a fuss feels like a blessing. So yeah, this is definitely the top story for today.
And now for some random and unrelated news. I started watching a new show called REVENGE. I really like it! Can't wait to see the next episode. The soundtrack for the first one was pretty good. They played a lot of Angus & Julia Stone, an Aussie band that Tim introduced me to 2 years ago. I've also been catching up on Glee, and Vampire Diaries, and there's a new show with Zoey Deschanel that I really like. I've also been watching a lot of Regis and Kelly in the morning. I think it's the best morning show out there. They are hilarious.
Last but not least, I watched the end Zoolander when I got home! I cracked up the whole time! Derek's been brainwashed to kill the claymation dude. Hahahaha.
The End.
Tiff you are too cute and so is your little family! I'm so happy for you that things are going well and that you can surf again! I'm so jealous we don't have beaches here. Ugh, I MISS being in the water. Good luck on losing the weight too! I totally gained all of my pregnancy weight back after doing nothing, so I have a ton to lose. Then I can fit into my cute clothes again. Anyway, yay! Thanks for the invite as well!
ReplyDelete