Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fuzzy Wuzzy The Master of The Universe

I forgot to mention that when Nainoa was born he had the cutest fuzziest hairy little back!!!  So cute! So fuzzy!  CUTE! FUZZY!  So I'm a little sad to say that he's losing the hair on his back!  Fuzzy wuzzy was Nainoa, fuzzy wuzzy he is no moa!  Hahahah. Get it? No moa- No more.  Cue Laughter. 


On a side note, I'm reminded of the movie Mean Girls, when Regina George tells a guy, "you can go shave your back now!"  Hahaha classic!  No one is going to say that to MY son!  And another random quote that I love from that movie... "Why would Regina George refer to herself as a... fah-guly (fugly) sah-lut (slut)."

Moving on.

Nainoa had a busy day yesterday (Saturday).  We drove out to Kailua around 1 for a birthday party on the beach.  We were hoping it would be in a beach park, but it wasn't.  It was on the sand and there wasn't much shade to go around.  I fed him in the car before the party and he slept the whole time.  I had to sit in the only shade I could find and that prevented me from being really social at the party.  I didn't mind to much but after a while it got really boring.  We stayed for about 40 minutes and left to go get some food.  For the 3rd time this past week we ate MEXICAN! Yum!  As we were leaving Kailua he woke up and started to cry.  I fed him in the parking lot of Castle Medical Center.   He kept falling asleep and then waking up and wanting to feed some more.  We were there for over an hour.  We decided to go to Ross and walk around with him because sometimes he won't fall asleep in his car seat.  It didn't work!  Next we stopped at Jamba juice.  He was so fussy! I fed him in the Long's parking lot, we walked around the store and he still wouldn't sleep.  We had to stop at the 7-11 in Kahalu'u because he was crying and sweating profusely in his car seat.  I would try to let him self settle but we are worried about him overheating.  The last feed worked!  He slept until we got home.  Unfortunately he woke up at home when we changed his diaper.  Long story short it took over an hour and a warm shower to get him to settle down and go to sleep.  Poor baby.  He got so worked up he couldn't get to bed.  It also doesn't help that everyone at home wants to help and hold him, so I hand him over but then he gets even more worked up.  He just wants to be with him mommy and I love it!

The next day.  Being the smart people that we are... (insert sarcasm)  We decided that we wanted to go to Kaneohe for dinner at Gyu Kaku.  Yakiniku Yummy Yummy!  Insert previous paragraph into this one.  We stopped the same amount of times to feed him and I'm pretty sure he wasn't hungry, but nothing else would pacify him.  We finally got home and it took almost as long to get him to settle down.  I don't plan on leaving home to much this week.  The past two days have been so busy!  I've been finding it a little bit harder to get baby to settle down to sleep.  Ah... Just when I started thinking it was easy!  Of course some new challenge would arise!  That's life!

Feeding & Changing in la voiture (the car)


Time to get some rest.

I haven't posted this blog yet because I haven't had time.  Today is Tuesday and I'm sooooo tired!  Nainoa doesn't want to sleep anymore.  Well, he does, but he needs a lot of help getting there!  On top of that, it's so humid during the day we can't really swaddle him or else he gets to hot and wakes up, but if we don't swaddle him he'll move around when he sleeps and scare himself into waking up.  Agh!  He's awake again.  I'm trying to stay sane and figure out what I can do to help him. Gotta run!

WEDNESDAY

Still haven't found time to post this.  Yesterday was crazy!  My son is outsmarting me.  I tried to let him self settle... sad face.  He cried and screamed his head off!  I had to put him on the breast then rock him and then he finally fell asleep.  Nainoa 1 Mommy 0.  Today is no different.  He normally falls right back to sleep after our 4am feeding but not this morning!  I didn't get to bed until 5:30 and I started feeding him around 3:30.  He woke up at 7:30.  I'm pretty tired, but I'm trying to map out my day and eat my oatmeal and bananas while he sleeps.  I cut an old pareo to swaddle him in. lol. it's bright orange.  Daddys not going to like it. Haha!



I was reading a book called, "The Baby Bible" and now I'm in trouble!  He's in between sleep cycles and has woken up.  He finds that his sleeping aid (me) is no longer holding him and now he's upset.  He can't sleep without it?  Without me holding him! How am I going to break this pattern.  Agh!!!  Ok. Crying baby. I'm going now.

Mom = Sleeping Aid


so now i'm rocking and typing with one hand. I think i'll just post this and then finish planning my day.  It all revolves around you Nainoa.  The master of the universe.


One more movie quote, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" And it's OK!!! Thanks Mugatu!
I love you Nainoa!

AGH!!! I just put him down again and 3 minutes later... crying for his sleeping aid.  Advice anyone!  Oh well... I still love my life.  Here I go.

1 comment:

  1. Lusi is the same way! Melissa's doctor said you just have to let them cry and cry until they fall asleep. and its better to do it now because their memory starts at 4 months. Idk tho cuz i'm no mommy yet! :)

    ReplyDelete