Thursday, April 19, 2012

8 Months

Last night I was filling out forms for my Aussie Immigration and I had to list all of the places that I've lived.  I can't believe how much has happened since moving home from Japan and I can't believe my son is already 8 months old.

Nainoa is sleeping in his own room now.  Even though this is only the fourth night I miss him every night.  He cries himself to sleep, sometimes 15 or 10 minutes and then there are freak incidents like tonight where he cried for almost an hour.  We've been working on letting him cry-it-out for a week and so far it's going okay.  Since we let him sleep on his own he's slept through the night twice!  So I know we are doing the right thing, even though sometimes I feel like I'm being really mean for letting him cry for so long.

Nainoa loves attention.  Whenever we are out in public he stares at other people and waits for them to look at him.  Then he flashes them a huge smile.  He loves the attention, especially from the ladies.  He will start to yell until you look at him.  He enjoys crawling with his left knee and right foot.  It's so funny to watch.

He loves his solid food and I've been letting him eat banana without mushing it up.

He still only has two little bottom teeth.  It's so cute whenever he smiles his big two teeth toothy smile.

Nainoa loves his dad.  I can already see they have this really special connection with each other and of course Tim is so proud of his son.  He is always showing him off and they still go on their morning walks together.  Whenever Tim walks into the room Nainoa stares at him and smiles and waits to get his attention.  The other morning Nainoa woke up and we brought him into our bed and laid with him for a few minutes.  It was so cute he was so happy and just kept smiling at us.  Then he grabbed Tim's finger and just lay there holding it.

He's turning into such a chatter box.  Right now saying "mama" is most popular (which I love) but he also likes to say DADA, Nene, and he puffs his cheeks out and blows raspberries.  Sometimes he waves goodbye if we lift his arm up, he'll move his hand.

He understands that if he wants me all he has to do is crawl to me.  Even when I'm in the kitchen he'll crawl from the living room.

We miss having all of our family around us, but we are so happy that Uncle Matt is here.  Nainoa has so much fun laughing and playing with him.

I feel so blessed to be his mom.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is 8 months already!! He seriously is so cute Tiff!! Hope Australia is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete