Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday Ramble

So while my other half is far across the sea, there are a few things I'm supposed to be accomplishing while he's away.  Maybe I'm being lazy, or maybe I really am incapacitated without him.  I dread going to bed at night alone and by myself.  I just lie there like an idiot, while the most random thoughts and moments from my life are relived.  I remember stupid things like when the lunch lady at hau'ula elemntary yelled at me for doing something naughty, and another funny one; in seminary, one day I sat across of Sam Spur. I used to have a crush on him in 8th grade. So in 9th grade he was across of me, and I didn't like him anymore but my eyes were really tired and I was trying so hard to keep them open I was staring at the wall above him, and trying to force them open really wide.  He probably thought I was so crazy staring at him with my bug eyes.  lol.  Anyone else have flashbacks that still make them shake their heads? Smh at myself.

So my love has gone to Australia to do some networking and get things settled for when we move there and I am supposed to be doing, all, some, and most of the following:

1.  Our taxes.  We will be filing TOGETHER!  I'm pretty excited.
2.  Advertise our car on craigslist.
3.  Sell stupid baby monitor that I told Tim not to buy!  I'm sorry honey, but I told you so! (love u Timmy)
4.  Take car to get serviced at certified Mazda dealer
5.  Pack, pack, and more packing
6.  Sleep train the little king
7.  Plan and prepare for wedding party in Oz.  I'm not even going to try to list the details for this.  It might make me crazy and I'm trying to write so that I wind down for bed.  So I can avoid, hopefully, the crazy flashbacks of all my dopey moments.
8.  Last but not least, I have to figure out what I'm going to do to help support my family.  I will probably have to work when we move, which will be another adventure in itself.  Maybe I can attach myself to some dance studio there and try to get some gigs.  And then maybe I'll be able to finish school online... I'm also thinking about volunteering at some preschools since that's the field I'm going to school for. Ah... we'll see.

I just got home from having a really fun, spur-of-the-moment, mexican dinner with two of my Bjs.  We had to ambush Sanoe in order to get her to join us (just one of the many tricks that come with my powers of persuasion. My prowess. hahaha!).  I told her we were coming over, and I guess she didn't hear or understand me, because we showed up and she was in her pink flowy nightie!  Then Aunty Sugar Rush Jenn made Sanoe's boys go into hyperdrive just in time for Sanoe's hubby to come home and take over, while we stole her away!  Dinner was yummy!  Thank you Jenn for buying dinner!  "You're so sweet." (pause... you can just tell me on facebook how sweet I am) But really you ARE so sweet!  It's so nice to hang out with the girls and to fall into all of our old memories and of course, to make new ones too.  Next stop DUKES!

I'm so lucky my mom likes to babysit Nainoa.  She's the best!  Five minutes before I arrived home she texted me to let me know he was being fussy.  It took a while, and a lot of tears to get him back to bed but he finally fell asleep.  I'm trying to "sleep train" him again because my doctor said that now is the time to do it, and the longer I wait the harder it will get.  My doctor's pretty cool.  Nainoa got his 3 shots that day.  He was such a little champ and we were both really brave about it.  I woke at 4am to find he had a fever and also a huge stinky surprise in his diaper.  I gave him some child's acetaminophen and then let him sleep by me.  He woke a little warm this morning but he hasn't been grumpy at all, so I know he's okay.

We went to Kamehameha School's Ho'olaulea to meet my uncle stan, his wife, and my cousin Anna.  Ho'okena, one of my favorite Hawaiian bands, was performing and they sing my favorite rendition of the song Poliahu.  The girls from Hawaiian Ensemble began to dance to it and I almost cried.  There is so much mana in hawaiian music and hula and I am so easily moved and swayed by it.  It's like this huge swelling inside me that I can't even begin to explain.  Someday I'll figure out how to put it into words.

I'm waiting for Tim to get home and skype me.  He went to the movies on his own tonight and then dinner too.  I feel bad because every time I know he's going to go away I get really grumpy like five days before his departure, and then the day of and day before it starts to dawn on me... Love makes people so unreasonable sometimes!  Ok, it's not loves fault. I'm just silly.

And that's my day.  I miss my sweetheart.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post tiffy! Hope the packing goes well, wish I could be there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no no tif YOURE SO SWEET! hahaha ahh i'm gonna be so sad when you leave because i'll never be able to convince sanoe with out your powers of persuasion! lol but really you will be sorely missed!

    ReplyDelete