Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Eve of (and) Christmas Eve



Friday.

What did we do on Friday.

I had to think for a minute.  On Friday we slept in, then had lunch at a small town cafe called The Muffin Bakery.  Tim's family knows the owner of the cafe because her son played rugby with Timmy growing up.  She picked Nainoa up and took him off to the kitchen to say hi to everyone in there.  We didn't see him for a few minutes, and I wasn't too worried.  He must've put some work in because for the 4 of us lunch was only $35!  Good job Nainoa.  After that we drove to Moruya, (When they say it, it sounds like Moria, Maria with an O.) and did some grocery shopping.  I love shopping in other countries.

(I just realized I already blogged about this, but forgot to post it.  I posted it, but will just finish up with the rest of the day.)

Friday afternoon we hung out around the house, went for a walk around the neighborhood, then made enchiladas for dinner.  I was supposed to be making it, but the little king woke early from his nap and refused to be comforted by anyone but me, so Tim had to take the reigns and make the food.  I think that's when I was feeding Nainoa and blogging.    Dinner was YUM!

Christmas Eve.

We both really wanted to surf and went hunting for waves in the morning.  Tim said a swell was supposed to be coming in.  There were several surfers in the water blanketed in a light fog.  It was so beautiful!  But the waves were too small for us!  They were really tiny long boarding waves.  We ended up going to the Muffin place for breakfast.  We went home and I spent at least an hour wrapping presents. By the time I finished I was so exhausted!  Uncle Matt bought some pizza for dinner and we also made some more enchiladas.

Before bed Tim and I read "The Night Before Christmas" to Nainoa.  He loved it!  Then I read him a few scriptures from the Bible about Jesus' birth.  That was always one of my favorite traditions for Christmas.  He went to sleep so peacefully and didn't fuss at all.  He must've known Santa was coming!

(1/24/12 and now a month later I'm posting this picture-less oh well)

Ok it's 1/27 here are the pictures...

SO SPOILED!


Nainoa and Teddy Darwin

Papa, Meme and Nainoa riding Biscuit his Christmas "pressie" from Auntie Janet


No comments:

Post a Comment