Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wednesday & Thursday in Australia

We had a really long first night.  Nainoa woke up several times and after a while of putting him in and out of an unfamiliar bed I let him sleep with me.  I love waking up to his little face.  As previously posted we ate breakfast at Trio then went home and gave the little king a nap.  When he woke up again it was time to head into the city.

We went to see the people that sold Tim my engagement ring to get a free cleaning.  We also left my wedding band with them to be repaired.  A little diamond had fallen out and they said they'd replace it for $45!  Cheaper than we thought it would be.

  Once that was taken care of we went to Westfield Mall.  We had the most delicious chicken sandwiches for lunch at a little cafe in the mall called Luxe.  Tim has been going to this place for several years for this sandwich, the people that work there know him!  It's poached chicken with tomato and rocket and a spicy chilli mayo, on sourdough.  It was so good!  We are definitely going to have it again before we leave Sydney!





The little king being such a good boy while we eat lunch.



The mall has a "Parent's Room" equipped with changing tables and little rooms to breastfeed in.  Each little room has a comfy little chair and nice little light. 

I thought this was so cool!  It's not one of those changing tables you pull down from the wall.

Notice how big Nainoa's diaper is in the above picture. Lol.  I packed all his diapers in a special changing kit I got from my sister, then I forgot to bring it with us!  So dumb...  So we had to buy diapers.  Unfortunately we bought them too big.  The sizing here is a little bit confusing.  

Tim had to catch the train into the city to pick up the rental car so Nainoa and I hung out at the mall.  I ended up taking out money from an ATM because Tim didn't leave me any.  (I got in trouble for this from his when he got back.  He said there'd be a ton of fees and blah blah blah, but so far it's been $3 which is the norm when you withdraw money from an atm that isn't your bank's.)  Nainoa and I bought  wrapping paper, tape, and glitter glue.  The mall was so big and so busy by the time Tim came back I had a headache.

It was time to drive home BUT we had a problem.  We had uncle Matt's rental car, and Tim had just picked up our rental.  I had to drive home in the rental behind Tim and Nainoa.  It was so scary driving on the other side of the road and the other side of the car in ridiculous busy traffic.  I can tell I'm getting old because instead of seeing this an adventure I got all shaky and scared!  I think I have more fear now that I'm a mom.  I've heard that what we really fear is death, and now more than ever I love my life and everything in it.  It took me a while to stop shaking when we got back to Nige's house.  I fed Nainoa while time cooked some steak and pork on the "barbie."  Uncle Ryan and tia Fabi (Tia means aunty in portugese) came over for dinner and brought Nainoa some really awesome Havaiianas with an Aussie flag on them.  Again, it was hard to help Nainoa settle to sleep.  Poor little guy is still trying to adjust.

The next morning (Thursday) we got ready to drive down the coast to Meme and Papa's house.  We had breakfast at 34 Degrees South.  We both had scrambled eggs and bacon, and it was so delicious!  They cooked the eggs with chives, maybe the food was so good because the cafes look so cool and the food is presented so fancily on the plate.  So far I liked the coffee here the best.  I like the milk they used.

We had to make a stop at Babies R Us to buy Nainoa a Bumbo seat for Christmas and then we went and rented a car seat from two old fogies that run a baby shop.  They said our car seat was illegal because it wasn't purchased or made in Australia.  The one they rented to us is hideous and doesn't look as comfortable or as safe as the one we have.  Tim is embarrassed and doesn't want to be seen with it!  So all of this running around set us back about 3 hours! 

We stopped at this look out in... ________.  I'll have to get the name from Tim.


Hahaha!  The over excited parent face.  I love it!

So now we are down the coast in Lilli Pilli!  We made it to Meme's house but not without a lot of screaming and crying from the little boy.  He didn't like his new car seat.  It wasn't as comfy and it smelt like the old people who rented it to us! lol.

It was really nice to see him meet his Aussie grandparents for the first time.  He has so much love!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are having such a great time, and I hope that Nainoa finally adjusts. Poor baby. I imagine it would be hard, especially in a different time zone! Have so much fun Tiff and have a great Christmas in Australia!!

    ReplyDelete