Unfortunately, this is the ONLY picture we took from our outing to Leilei's! We were too excited talking and catching up.
So we were at Leilei's and had planned on getting some MOCKTAILS. (Cocktails without the good stuff) But after reviewing the menu we decided to just order an early dinner! Sanoe had ribs, I had a cheeseburger, and our America's Next Top Model Jen had a salad. We talked about so many different things. It was so nice to cruise with the girls. I drove us around, with Nainoa in the back, and we listened to the radio and pretended like we were young and single again. Lol.
I fed the King when I got home and prepared to leave the house once again. My sister Neo and her family were arriving from SLC via LA and I needed to pick them up at 8:10. My mom agreed to watch Nainoa and said to just make sure that there's milk in the fridge. Unfortunately my dad threw some of my milk out. He thought that it went bad because the fatty parts of the milk were separated from the watery parts. He thought it was curdled. Lol. So, there was no milk to leave with the baby sitter, but Nainoa is really good at sticking to his 3-4ish hour schedule so I wasn't too worried.
I enjoyed the drive to town alone. I pretended I was better than the singers on the radio and thought a lot about how different my life is, and how wonderful it is to be a mother. I also thought about my sweetheart and how I missed him. I feel so lucky when I think about him. He always makes me feel so special.
At the airport we loaded everyone in the car easily and decided to make a food stop in Kaneohe at Jack in the Box. Neo went through the drive through while I ran inside to use the toilet. When we got home I could hear Nainoa crying from outside my mom's bedroom window. I rushed up stairs and felt so anxious to make him feel better! I don't feel bad when I leave him, but when I come back I do. He seemed so upset wondering where I was and he was so cute! When I took him in my arms he grasped his to hands around my neck so tightly. It was like a desperate hug followed by huge relief, followed by more crying because he was hungry! As I fed him I felt so helplessly in love. I felt like I was melting into my baby, trying to let him know how I love him so much and trying to comfort him. It was one of those really special and defining moments for me. I'm sure there are more to come!
I looked at the clock and realized Tim's flight to Australia should be landing soon. I began to look for my phone, when all of a sudden my mom asked me, "Are you calling me?" I said "No, I'm looking for my phone." Silly me. I left it in the bathroom at Jack's. Luckily they found it and called my mom to say they had it. I'm so happy there are honest people in the world still!
I'm so tired today, but had another wonderful day. Lots of blogging/journaling to do and not enough energy to do it. I need rest.
I just want to end by saying... I'm so happy, I feel so blessed and so loved. It feels too good to be true, and I worry one day I will wake up and find it has all been a dream or worry that it will end. My husband and my son mean so much to me and I feel so overwhelmed right now with love. Ok. I'll stop being a sap now and go to bed.
Good night neverlaaaaaaand!

I love good days like this and I loved that part of how you said you get so excited to see Nainoa and on this particular day, he was even more excited to see you. I definitely love being a mom as well!
ReplyDelete