Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Half of The Ridiculously Good Day

I'm so mad, I typed a really long blog and then the stupid mouse went back a page and blogger didn't auto save my stuff. F! Here's the first half, I doubt I'll finish the second. Man... I was feeling so good! But now I'm just feeling tired. Oh well... Today was such a long day! But so much fun. This morning we ate breakfast at the little cafe in the back of a health food store in Haleiwa. It was sooooo Yum! Egg, avocado sandwich with sprouts and aioli (sp?) and some sort of spicy sauce. Sounds really simple right? It was delicious! Tim had an egg, bean, avocado burrito with mango salsa. That was yum too! 

We dropped Tim off at the airport and said our prolonged goodbyes. It's so weird that he's not next to me while I type this up. I miss him a lot. He went ahead to Sydney before us and is going to fly down to Melbourne to meet some people and look into some job opportunities. I fed Nainoa in the car and he is getting so ni'ele! He wants to look around and see EVERYTHING instead of eating. I wish I could record it and post it for everyone. It is that funny. Don't worry I won't post it.

 On the way home I stopped in Haleiwa to pick something up from Tim's friend Gary's house. No one was home and I had to open the gate and brave 3 dogs! Luckily I remembered one of the dogs names, and maybe she remembered me. Her name is Mango and she's a really nice dog. I've always been afraid of dogs, and while they barked at me as I walked up to the gate I started to have flashbacks of scary moments when I was little. Hahaha. I'm so glad I've gotten over that fear. (Kind of over it) I held my hand out to mango, palms facing up, and she licked my hand several times. I grabbed the items that I needed to get, then left feeling really proud of myself. I know it sounds silly, but I felt really good. I've come a long way!

 Nainoa was such a good passenger and took a nice, but brief, nap. We got home and tried to settle him back into sleep, but he wasn't having it. My girlfriend Jeneka showed up at the house! She's home, visiting from Orlando and was free and available to spend the whole afternoon with me! It was so much fun! We talked and I fed a very distracted Nainoa, then we tried calling Sanoe. She didn't answer her phone after several calls! So we decided to ambush her. She didn't know Jen was in town so we wanted to surprise her. We got to her house as her husband was leaving to pick her and the kids up. We told him we would get her, and then we told him we weren't bringing her back. Lol. He's so nice. He said she needed a break and we should take her with us. We waited for a while at the byu flag circle and she didn't show up. AND she still wasn't answering her phone! Finally after doing our 4th lap around the flag circle we spotted her. We pulled up honking and cheering for her. (She's graduating this week!) Nainoa didn't like all the noise and started to cry a little but settled down once Aunty Sanoe was in the back seat with him smiling and talking to him. Sanoe wanted to go home and change her clothes. There is something about hanging out with Jeneka that makes us want to be trendy... LIKE HER! We drove our fabulous selves all the way to.... Lei Lei's at Turtle Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment