Thanksgiving was a blast! The food was delicious and I thought to myself several times, "I should go and get my camera and take a picture of all this food!" But no. I rarely ever listen to myself when food's involved. My brain shuts off, I fill my plate and start to grind. It was onolicious! I thought we were going to make laulau but instead my mom made lupulu! Here's a little recap of all the food we had: Turkey, stuffing, ham, rice, mashed potatoes, potato salad, lupulu, taro, sausages, shrimp in white sauce and tomoatoes, poi, dinner rolls, edamame, cranberry sauce, cupcake with guava frosting, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and lots of hawaiian sun juice. Soooo much food and there were only 8 adults and 5 children. Today is sunday and we are still eating the leftovers. Such a fun day hanging out with the nephews and neice.
Every year before we bless the food we go around the room and state what we are thankful for. Unfortunately I missed this part because I had to go in the room to feed little Nainoa. I was a bit bummed that I missed hearing what the kids had to say, but Tim filled me in. A few cute ones: Kamani said he was thankful for everyone helping him with school (several times), his bike, being looked after, he's getting a lot better about speaking in front of everyone. I came out of the room when Nainoa was done feeding and they had just finished blessing the food. Rissa made everyone stop so I could say what I was thankful for. I didn't want to take up everyone's time so I just said, "I'm thankful for my family!"
MY FAMILY. I can't believe I have my own family now. I have a husband and a sweet little boy I get to take care of, and love everyday. I feel so blessed, grateful and so happy. There aren't enough words, and I don't have the skill anyway, to say how much I have and how much it means to me. I've always wanted to be a mom and everyday it is better than I ever could've imagined.
Here's a list of a few other things I'm thankful for.
PRAYER. I don't do it enough. In fact I rarely do it, but when I do I feel a sense of comfort and peace. I've come a long way from where I used to be spiritually, but I know that God loves me no matter what and that he hears me when I pray. I'm not sure why this was the first thing that popped into my head but it was.
Our MAZDA5. I love our car. It gets us where we need to go, fits our boards and runs so smooth. We've had a few issues with it already, but I am still really grateful for it.
My Puter. (My computer) I knew I should've bought that Apple Care. I will always be an Apple user from here on out. (Unless something better comes along)
LOCAL SLIPPERS. No need to explain this one right?
FOOD. GOOD FOOD. GOOD COFFEE.
HARRY POTTER.
BEING AN AUNTY. It's da best! Yes. DA BEST!
SURF. My favorite form of exercise.
And last but not least KAHUKU FOOTBALL! Lol. The day after Thanksgiving was the state finals and of course Kahuku won. I got to hang out with an old friend from high school and we went driving after the game and honked our horn as we drove past people on the road. We watched the game on tv and it was so fun! Our community really comes together when we are cheering for and supporting our team. This is what I love the most about our community. My sister went to the school to help celebrate and welcome the boys as they returned victoriously to the school.
Here's a link to my sister's vid. Freakin' fireknife dancers. Lol.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150390547341577
No comments:
Post a Comment