Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Sunday Sleep Training

Nainoa is going to be 4 months in no time and the older he gets the harder it is to help him fall asleep.  I spent a lot of time reading a book called Save Our Sleep - by Tizzie Hall, his first month and decided to try to teach him to "self-settle."  The books definition of self settling is: "Going to sleep without aids, such as rocking, patting, feeding or even the use of a dummy (pacifier)."  I've read in several different books that healthy sleep encourages healthy growth, poor sleep habits get worse as your baby grows, there is no better time than now to sleep train, and that the use of sleeping aids (rocking ect.) is a bad idea if you don't plan on continuing it in the long run.  Will I be able to rock my son to sleep for half an hour when he's 6 month?  Probably not!  He's already getting so heavy.  He's like a mini rice bag. :)

I don't follow the directions in any book word for word.  But I'm beginning to think I should.  I try to let him cry it out for a while but it's getting harder and harder.  There are times when I can tell he's falling asleep, even though he's still protesting, but someone will come along and try talking to him, or tell me to pick him up.  It's hard.

Anyway.  I was really upset when I started this blog earlier today, but now I just feel happy that my baby is sleeping.

We had breakfast this morning at Papa 'Ole's and then came back home.  This is when I was having the sleep drama.  Drama drama drama!  Then we went to Sunset and watched the Triple Crown.  Some crazy huge waves today!  We ate at "Kahuku Farms" on the way home.  HOLY MOLY!  You have to eat there.  We had a veggie panini, banana smoothie and the best grilled banana bread.  They only have one panini and it has tomato, eggplant, zuccini, lettuce, and mozzarella.  SOOOOO GOOD.  The banana bread is probably the best banana bread I've had in my life.  It's on the mountain side of the kahuku stretch across the shrimp farms.  The best thing about their food is that everything is FRESH. They farm all of the fruit and veggies they use.  They also sell jams, jelly, and bath/body products.  They have a page on facebook if anyone wants to check it out.  So good!  Their smoothies are made with REAL fruit, and they are only $5!  Angels Ice Cream charges more and they don't use anything that's fresh!  Even the ice cream and sorbet at the farm is fresh and homemade!  Good times.

Happy Sunday!  I can't believe my baby is still sleeping!  This makes me very happy.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, I've missed so much from not being on blogger!!

    I LOVE the family picture at the top of your blog, because you seriously are so gorgeous Tiff.

    I am excited for Kahuku, and reveled in being a RR4L. Yay!

    That is so AWESOME that your husband was in Hawaii 5-0! I LOVE that show!

    Your son is getting so big and so cute and I hope that you can get some more sleep and that the book helps you.

    I loved all the things you were grateful for, and I know I need to pray more often as well. No matter what our pasts were like, at least we're good people and we still have good hearts:-)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete