Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 1

This time last week I was in labor.  Tim and I were on the set of Hawaii 5-0 hanging out and watching them shoot a pretty big stunt.  In about 14 hours from now Nainoa will be 1 week old!  The days are blurring together, it's hard to believe he was only in my belly last week!  It feels like he's always been with us.  We are learning to breastfeed together.  ALL THREE OF US!  Tim has sat with me through almost every feeding as we try to get a proper latch.  It's a challenge but I know we can do it!

Here are a few pictures from our first week together as a family.

Tim and I still trying to perfect our swaddling techniques!


Our little sweetheart


Thanks to Sanoe for coming over and teaching us to swaddle "mo' bettah!"


Nainoa loves his Aunty Ambah


His cheeks have gotten chubbier since we first brought him home.  It's so fun to watch him grow.  He enjoys listening to Jack Johnson, and Hawaiian 105 KINE.   He also loves it when we sing to him.   The other day we were listening to the soundtrack for the movie Curious George.  Nainoa loves it!  The three of us were dancing together and Tim and I tried to sing along.  We didn't know the words. Lol.  Wish we could've caught it on video. 

 I love being a mom and I love my family.


How's his face?! Lol.

1 comment: