Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthing: Short Version


This is the very short version of my son's birth story.  I wrote up a long one which took at least 2 hours to type up.  It's full of all the little details.  I wanted to make sure I have it so I can give it to my son when he's older.  I don't mind sharing it with my friends and the world.  It's a beautiful story and I had an amazing experience.  So here is the short version.  There was no medication or epidural involved.  We took a Lamaze class and tried as best we could to rely on my body's and the baby's natural instincts.  I'm so happy our son is finally here!

Braxton Hicks start Tuesday night.  8/16
They didn't stop and started coming every 5-10 minutes.
Woke up 6:30 8/17
Rissa house, doughnuts with kids for brekky.
Straightened hair, cleaned room, packed car for hospital.
Lunch on set of HI-5-0
Social Security office for new card
Watanabe's for pikake lei
Kinko's Kaneohe to print birth plan
5:15 Ko'olau theaters Captain America, popcorn mochi crunch! yum!
Walked around Times
Went to dinner @ Kim chee 1
walked to starbucks
Contractions getting much worse and coming every 5 minutes
walked around walgreens
walked around longs
11:19 admitted into hospital
Cervix checked for the first time, 4.5 cm dilated
about 2 hours later:  threw up dinner and everything else in the belly
Began pushing baby out around 3ish
Baby arrives 4:59 a.m. 8/18/11
He has the same birthday as his Memi (Grandma Oz)  She couldn't be here with him for his arrival, so he decided to come to her early as a birthday present.  He was due on the 22.

My Boys



No comments:

Post a Comment