SO... my IUD, it was supposed, had moved. I've been feeling moodier, and hungrier, and on one day even nauseous. I immediately thought that I might be pregnant. I secretly hoped I was. Sad to say I'm not pregnant. ;) Lol. I do want to have more children, but I know now is not the time. But if I was pregnant, I'd be happy. I was worried about my IUD so we scheduled an appointment with a women's doctor to get it checked.
It was Monday and a 10am appointment. When we got dropped off, opposite the clinic, we saw people on the sidewalk holding signs and little rosaries. We had to walk down the street, cross it, then walk back up. As we neared the crowd, to my dismay, we realized they were abortion protestors. Mostly older people. They were holding little crosses, and one person even had a big display of a little fetus. The clinic we were going to was a fertility control clinic aka a place where people go to get abortions done. I felt so embarrassed and worried that those people would think I was going to get an abortion. The first protestor was really nice and offered me a pamphlet. He asked me if I was pregnant or knew anyone who was pregnant that they could help. I told him, "I might be pregnant! I hope, and we're really excited!" I felt like all these people outside the building were thinking that we were going to get an abortion.
We were escorted by a security gaurd into the building. Yes. They have one security gaurd, and it turns out those protestors have done their job outside that clinic for the past 25 years! We had Nainoa with us in the stroller and I felt weird going into a place and taking my perfect little boy too, where countless little lives were ended for whatever reasons. I'm not passing judgement on people who have abortions. That is their decision to make, but at the same time I am against it unless it is absolutely necessary. I held Nainoa while we waited for the doctor and hoped that someone would maybe glimpse the joy I feel from having a baby, and maybe change their mind. Lol. Not everyone goes to that clinic for abortions. Some people might be going there to get help so they can have a baby. Anyway I'm just silly like that.
The end.
Thats kind of a crazy story, I got one of those IUDs and its weird, like....really ? Its supposed to work? Im scared i will get prego! hah! glad things are good with your guys over there. Miss you guys, you would have had a great goats session a few days ago. Glassy and perfect! which is odd for goats to be like that! ;)
ReplyDelete