Today I went on a hot date with my hubby and our little Nainoa.
First we stopped in Haleiwa to pick up some coffee from the Coffee Gallery. Yes. Tim is a coffee addict. I'm his apprentice. Nainoa might be getting some in his breast milk but I only drink the amount my doctor said is okay and several studies have proven that if you drink 1 cup a day your baby is unaffected. I was so tempted to grab a burrito from Cholo's since we were parked right in front of it!
We arrived at Kapiolani park around 1:30 and I fed Nainoa in the car. Tim had made friends with a few guys who play on the BYU rugby team and they invited him to play a game with them in town. The game was kind of slow and boring, but watching my hubby was exciting. I like watching him run and tackle people it was the "hot" part about our date. "Woohoo! Go honey! Frack! Just don't get injured out there because we don't have any health insurance for you yet!" Yes. I was saying this out loud while I watched him play. :)
We went to dinner at Uncle Bo's. If you haven't eaten here you MUST! It's frickin awesome! We ordered the Shaken Beef, Cajun Seared Ahi, and last but not least the Warm Spinach Salad (which comes with delicious little pieces of bacon, feta cheese, and topped with walnuts, strawberries and the most delicious strawberry vinaigrette dressing.) There were so many other things on the menu we wanted to eat but we knew that our eyes were hungrier than our stomachs. We ended the meal with a Oreo-Haupia Mud Pie. It's basically a slice of ice cream cake featuring a haupia ice cream and kona coffee ice cream on an oreo crust. ONOLICIOUS! I wanted to take pictures of our food but I only succeeded in taking a picture of the first dish they brought out. It was a crappy picture and I didn't bother to retake it because I was already shoving my face.
Last but not least we drove into Waikiki, I ran into Honolulu Coffee Co., while Tim and baby waited in the car, and picked up some yummy lattes. YES. Tim is a coffee addict and has one after practically every meal. I'm starting to become a coffee fanatic too. I'm still amazed that I can tell the difference now between good coffee and starbucks. I'm not putting starbucks down but they really are only a small step above the McDonald's Cafe. Crap. I think my husband has turned me into a coffee snob. Lol. No matter what though, I will always LOVE Starbucks' whipped cream! Now that's ono!
The drive home was really nice. I love the conversations we have and just spending quality time hanging out with my best friend.
Oh snap. I forgot to mention Tim got a haircut and now looks like he's in the military! BAHAHAHAHA!!! He saw me type this and still agreed to pose for a picture. That's just one reason why I love him so much. He's so much fun!

lol @ coffee snob. tooo funny!! glad u had a wonderful hot date!!
ReplyDelete