So many things to say and not enough words to describe them. If I were a writer I might be able to capture 50% of what we feel and have gone through this past beautiful month. BUT I'm just Tif, and therefore I will probably only be able to relay 5%. You might get another 25% from looking at the pictures I'll post but there is no way and there are no words to say how beautiful our lives are now that our son is here. This new and beautiful love we are exploring that is constantly growing every day... It amazes and humbles me. What a precious little gift we have and how lucky we are to share the rest of our lives with him!
Nainoa is exactly 4 weeks old today. ONLY 4 weeks! Yikes! Sometimes I feel like he should be older. I'm not saying that I want him to be older. I'm with him all the time and waking up for feedings in the middle of the night. The days and nights have blurred together! Lately he has been staying awake a lot longer after feeding. He'll lie in bed next to me and I'll turn on some music, and he'll just sit there looking around listening to it. He LOVES Jack Johnson. The song from curious george is our new family anthem. Lol we also listen to the Beach Boys, Hall & Oats, and the Hawaiian music on channel 24.
Breastfeeding has gotten better, but we still have our down days. I have to try to keep my spirits up, even when I'm in pain. I find it makes the feeding better for both of us! I think we've gotten really good at feeding on the right side, but the left side latch needs some work. I might go and see a lactation consultant. I'm also really lucky that I have such good support! My mom and sisters, my beautiful friend SANOE, and last but not least my sweetheart! The position that works best for us is the football hold. Tim demonstrating his football hold. Don't ask me why he wanted to pose on one leg. Hahaha!
We've been going for walks in the early evening with our BOB stroller. Thanks again to uncle Al for GIFING it to us. (Giving + Gifting = Gifing in fob language it is so) We also got a Wallabies onsie in the mail last week from Meme! Nainoa wore it while we watched the wallabies play Italy in their opening match at the world cup. Tim says Nainoa's favorite player is Digby Ioane... "Because he's samoan."
Nainoa has been getting stronger. He started breaking out of his swaddles. One night I woke up to him crying. He had broken out and was cold! Poor sweetie. I wrapped him back up and he went straight to sleep. He's been sleeping so well! This morning after a 2am feeding. I was so tired. I put him down and he went straight to bed. I didn't have to rock him or walk him around. He's so nice yeah! Last week I tried swaddling him with his arms out! Yeah... it wasn't the best idea, he kept surprising and waking himself up, but it was cute!
If you're wondering why Tim's shirt is always off in our pictures it's because we are enjoying our skin-to-skin contact with baby. It's supposed to help with imprinting, bonding, and a ton of other things. He knows us so well! The other night Tim gave him to Papa and uh oh! He didn't like it! He only wanted his dad. Usually we let him stay in his diaper all day, but sometimes I'll put clothes on him for fun. Not because I think he my little dress up dolly. I do it because I think I'm going to take him out for a walk, and then something happens or I change my mind. So it's like I dressed him up for fun.
My sweet angel face!

Because he IS a handsome boy!!! Seriously! I enjoyed lounging with you all day the other day and I want to do it more often!!!
ReplyDelete