Sunday, April 24, 2011

Oh How Time Flies!

This past week has gone by to quickly! Tim came back to me last week Sunday and since then the week has flown by. It's to bad my honey is flying away with it. Wedding prep is underway and the little dominator, Nuggie, is preparing to make his debut into the world. He still has another 3.5 months to go but takes his training and growth very seriously. Lol.

On Monday we went to Haleiwa to put Timmy's surfboard in the shop for fixing. We had acai bowls and some coffee and then I watched him surf at his new favorite spot "Rocky Point." I'm jealous that I can't be out in the water with him and I enjoy voicing it to Tim so that I can get some pity and attention. Haha... But really I'm serious, it's not fair! Our little Nuggie is growing bigger and starting to kick and punch. It's such an amazing feeling and I feel happily reassured that he is alive and kicking (literally). While Tim was surfing I sat in the sun on the sand and the baby started to kick A LOT. He was kicking and then did a lightening-speed two punch combo. I laughed to myself, he wants to get into the surf as bad as I do. After that we headed to Kahuku to pick up Kamani, Tuto, and Nava for some Uncle Tim Beach Time. The kids really love him, especially Nava. I recently have been pushing the two older boys to learn how to swim and to float on their backs. We even got Nava into the water and after 5 minutes of worrying and crying she relaxed! I was so happy to see her enjoying the water, I almost cried.
Tuesday. Tim went surfing on his own and came back early to take me to breakfast at Hukilau Cafe! YUM! I ordered my usual corn beef hash and ate the whole thing! Tim says I've gotten my appetite back. After that we drove into town for our doctor appointment. We got to listen to the baby's heartbeat again and ask a few questions of the doctor. I also signed up to be a part of a research study, it takes an additional 20 minutes after each appointment, and every time I do it I get a $40 giftcard! It's a study involving measuring blood temperature in the fingertips to see if it can test for signs of pre-ecclampsia. It's already proven to test for heart problems. The only downside of the test is that they take your blood pressure for 5 minutes! It's really uncomfortable, but I think it's for a good cause AND it doesn't hurt that I have a $40 giftcard to foodland! After seeing the doctor we ate at Boggart's. It's a pretty trendy cafe near the health bar at diamond head. We had dinner with Tim's friend Alex, the star of Hawaii 5-0, at a Japanese restaurant. It was just like being in Japan again!
Wednesday. We slept in! Had a coffee at starbucks Pupukea and then I watched Tim surf again. The waves weren't to bad, I tried to get in the water on the shore but was a bit hesitant at first. Tim was afraid I'd get sucked out, or accidentally get pounded. He is always worrying about me and the baby, it's so sweet. But we were fine! We went to see a movie that night "Hanna," it was alright. 2 out of 5 possible stars.
Thursday. We had lunch with Alex and friends, then Tim went surfing with his friend Yuri, and Crimson and I went to do some wedding planning. We went to a place called The Wedding Cafe at Ward Center. Looked at a ton of different things and came up with some ideas for the wedding. It's such a smart idea to have a "cafe" like that. I figured out what type of flowers I want, centerpieces, food, aaaand cake! I want to do cupcakes, but have a small cake at the top. Lots of things to do and only a month and a week to do them. But I'm sure things will turn out fine. The important thing is that WE'RE GETTING MARRIED! Yay! We had a bbq at Al's house and got home pretty late. Don't remember anything after I walked into the house.
Friday. Breakfast at Hukilau Cafe AGAIN!!! Spent the day in town. AGAIN! Took my nephews paddle boarding! Crimson invited us to go with her family. They are such nice and good people. They are even letting us use their beach house for the wedding. Her niece and nephews were at the beach and all the kids played on the boards together. It was really fun watching them. We were all so tired by the time we got home. The kids slept over that night.

Saturday. We took the kids to Gunstock Ranch for their annual easter egg hunt. Tuto found a few hard boiled eggs and even found a special yellow egg that he could exchange for $1! Then the kids got to have 2 free horseback rides. After that we took them to Haleiwa for shave ice, then to Hukilau for a swim. But the day wasn't over yet! I got "dressed up" and drove to town for Randie Girls fashion show. It was a fashion show to showcase the work of the students who were graduating. Randie's line, "Ku'u Aloha" was elegant, trendy, Hawaiian High fashion! It was amazing and of all the designers her line was the most wearable and basically THE BEST. Because she is THE BEST! Went to Walmart, bought some eggs and Gushers, got a foot massage from Tim at home, then knocked out!

Sunday. I slept in. We went to Matai's birthday party. He just turned 1. He's one of the sweetest most mellow little boys I've ever met. Tim surfed in the afternoon, I chatted it up on the sand with the phone in my hand. Then came home to Easter dinner! Shoyu chicken, mashed potatoes, and a jello dessert!

Now I'm sitting here, Nuggie is moving and kicking, watching my sweetheart sleep. I feel so lucky to be alive, to be carrying new life, and to be sharing it all with him. It was a long, and busy week. I'm surprised I remembered this much! So much to do, so much to plan, so much to prepare, but as long as we're together and have each other... toooooo easy! (Aussie slang)


No comments:

Post a Comment